- Urging or advising prospective purchasers to buy a policy or insure with a company.
- Initiating sales over the telephone or any way other than a face-to-face attempt to solicit or sell insurance, such as Internet, social media or advertisements.
- Disseminating information about coverages in general, or for any particular policy, except that this shall not prohibit the dissemination of buyers’ guides or applications for coverage in response to requests from prospective policyholders.
- Disseminating information as to rates in general or for any particular policy where the rate cannot be secured by referring to a published or printed list of standard rates.
- Completing or signing applications for insurance.
- Making or proposing to make an insurance contract.
- Authorizing the issuance or delivery of certificates of insurance, endorsements, binders or insurance policies.
- Discussing or describing the coverages or terms of a proposed contract of insurance with a prospective policyholder, including counseling about which coverages to buy.
- Discussing the effect of age, health or other risk-related conditions of the prospective policyholder.
- Collecting premiums in person at other than a recorded place of business.
- Responding to a policyholder’s request for advice or counsel regarding policy provisions or coverage.
- Initiating an inquiry about the terms of existing coverage, except exclusively in the course of the clerical duties.
- Recommending or independently initiating additions or deletions to an insured’s policy.
Posted in: Initial Licensing Process