From the date you order the self-study material from Slater Insurance School, you will have 90 days of unlimited access to the study materials on our Online Classroom. After your 90 days of online access has expired, we offer an additional 30 days at no charge. If you still need more time you may choose to purchase an additional 30 days for $30.00, 90 days for a $50.00 fee; this must be done within 6 months of the original purchase date. Once you receive your course completion certificates from us, you then will have 12 months to take and pass the state exams
- Urging or advising prospective purchasers to buy a policy or insure with a company.
- Initiating sales over the telephone or any way other than a face-to-face attempt to solicit or sell insurance, such as Internet, social media or advertisements.
- Disseminating information about coverages in general, or for any particular policy, except that this shall not prohibit the dissemination of buyers’ guides or applications for coverage in response to requests from prospective policyholders.
- Disseminating information as to rates in general or for any particular policy where the rate cannot be secured by referring to a published or printed list of standard rates.
- Completing or signing applications for insurance.
- Making or proposing to make an insurance contract.
- Authorizing the issuance or delivery of certificates of insurance, endorsements, binders or insurance policies.
- Discussing or describing the coverages or terms of a proposed contract of insurance with a prospective policyholder, including counseling about which coverages to buy.
- Discussing the effect of age, health or other risk-related conditions of the prospective policyholder.
- Collecting premiums in person at other than a recorded place of business.
- Responding to a policyholder’s request for advice or counsel regarding policy provisions or coverage.
- Initiating an inquiry about the terms of existing coverage, except exclusively in the course of the clerical duties.
- Recommending or independently initiating additions or deletions to an insured’s policy.
We don’t do securities, but we’ve worked for years with someone who does. If you’re going for your series 6 and 63, or a few others, here’s a place you can get them!
Professional Training Center
If you register for class or order materials at our office we accept cash, company check, money order and cashier’s check, as well as Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover credit cards. No personal checks are accepted.
If you register for class or order materials through our Web site, we use Authorize.net as our credit card processor and they will accept all major credit or debit cards as well as Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover credit cards. If you would like to pay directly out of your bank account, to expedite your registration/order, please pay with your credit or debit card instead.
One fingerprint card is required to be on file with the Insurance Commissioner to become licensed as a Producer in WA state. You may schedule your fingerprint service for the same time as you take your exam or for a later time with Identogo. Identogo does efingerprints and submits them electronically to the state patrol for you. Fingerprint reservations must be scheduled online through Identogo.com or by phone at (888) 771-5097. You must pay for the service ahead of time with a credit card when you make your appointment. You pay them $55.00 for the fingerprint card and for electronically filing it with the state patrol ($15.00 to $25.00 fingerprint charge plus $30.00 to $40.00 processing fee). Fingerprint fee is approx. $45 total. You must have your prints processed in order to receive an insurance license. Printing done for other reasons (securities, real estate, etc. do NOT work.) Adding lines to an existing producers license does not require a new set of fingerprints to be taken.
We don’t do headshots here but I have met a few professional photographers at local networking events. The links to their site are listed here.
Single Line Exams are:
Life Producer, Disability Producer, Property Producer, Casualty Producer, or Personal Lines Producer.
The state exam for each single line of insurance consists of a total of 110 questions, 10 of which are experimental questions and will be non score-able. The cost for a single line exam is $53.00 and you have 150 minutes to complete it.
Combination Exams are:
Property and Casualty Producer or Life and Disability Producer exams each have a total of 160 questions, 10 of which are experimental and will be non score-able. The cost for a combination exam is $70.00 and you will have 195 minutes to complete it.
We can always make accommodations for additional attending students. We have a large classroom so we always accept students into our classes, even walk-in students on the first day of class. Please choose whichever class combination will work best with your schedule.
If you have registered and paid for a class and wish to cancel before the start date of your scheduled class, please send us an email or call our office. There is a $25 cancellation fee that will be subtracted from your refund amount. You will not be eligible for any refund if you cancel after the class has started.
In the rare case that we have to cancel a class due to inclement weather or a power outage, we will post notification on our Web site and answering machine. If the weather does not permit you to drive to our School safely and class is still being held, please email to reschedule your class or to sign up for self-study makeup.