Do you offer Securites classes?

We don’t do securities, but we’ve worked for years with someone who does. If you’re going for your series 6 and 63, or a few others, here’s a place you can get them!

Professional Training Center

When do you need an insurance license?



  • Urging or advising prospective purchasers to buy a policy or insure with a company.
  • Initiating sales over the telephone or any way other than a face-to-face attempt to solicit or sell insurance, such as Internet, social media or advertisements.


  • Disseminating information about coverages in general, or for any particular policy, except that this shall not prohibit the dissemination of buyers’ guides or applications for coverage in response to requests from prospective policyholders.
  • Disseminating information as to rates in general or for any particular policy where the rate cannot be secured by referring to a published or printed list of standard rates.
  • Completing or signing applications for insurance.
  • Making or proposing to make an insurance contract.
  • Authorizing the issuance or delivery of certificates of insurance, endorsements, binders or insurance policies.


  • Discussing or describing the coverages or terms of a proposed contract of insurance with a prospective policyholder, including counseling about which coverages to buy.
  • Discussing the effect of age, health or other risk-related conditions of the prospective policyholder.
  • Collecting premiums in person at other than a recorded place of business.
  • Responding to a policyholder’s request for advice or counsel regarding policy provisions or coverage.
  • Initiating an inquiry about the terms of existing coverage, except exclusively in the course of the clerical duties.
  • Recommending or independently initiating additions or deletions to an insured’s policy.


How do I get my license after passing the Washington insurance exam?

Please feel free to email us and we would be glad to find an answer for you.

Do I need to be hired by an insurance company before I can get my insurance license?

You can apply for your Washington insurance license(s) without having a company appointment. However, you cannot sell insurance/transact business until you are appointed/affiliated with a company as an agent or have a brokers bond.

How long are my insurance class completion certificates valid to take the state exam?

The class completion certificates we issue you are valid for 12 months from the completion date of your class, as stated at the bottom of each completion certificate. These certificates act as your entrance ticket into the state exam and you have 12 months until they expire. If you have lost or misplaced your original class completion certificates, we can reissue you new originals at a $10-per-certificate charge. If your certificates have expired and you have not passed your exams, by state law you must clock in the required study hours again.

I have taken the insurance classes and passed my state exams but I am still looking for a job. How long do I have before my PSI exam pass sheets expire?

Once you pass your Washington state insurance exams, you have 180 days (six months) from the date you pass your exams to apply for your insurance license. If you have lost or misplaced your original test sheets from PSI, please contact them directly for replacement. If you do not send in for your insurance license within the 180-day window, please look at your class completion certificates from us to see how much longer you have to retake the state exams before you also have to repeat the insurance classes with us.

I have an out-of-state insurance license that I am transferring to Washington State. What should I do?

The following items are required and can be obtained by clicking here:

1. NAIC Uniform Application
2. Fingerprint card
3. Letter of Clearance from current state’s insurance department
4. Fees: $55 for license, eprinting, see to set an appointment, approx. $45, $5 filing fee
5. INS -18 Company Appointment/Affiliation form with $20 for each (unless submitted by the insurer thru NIPR)

Does Slater All Lines Insurance School have a job board?

We do not have a job board. Our school is focused on teaching students about the material that will be on their state exams and we do not want other students or companies influencing or recruiting during this learning process. Slater All Lines Insurance School has a strict no-recruiting policy, as many employers have spent time and money sending students to our school for exam preparation education. We are not responsible for any recruiting attempts that happen outside of our classroom or office, or are offered by other students. Most students attending our school already have a company that they are hired by or working with. However, we do occasionally see students who take the initiative to attend class before looking for a job. Therefore, in our office, we have a job folder with company business cards and help-wanted fliers that companies have sent us, and we are happy to give these to students who come to us and ask.

If you are an employer who is hiring, please email, fax or mail us business cards or a job posting and we will gladly give these out to any student looking for employment.

If you are a student who does not yet have a job in the insurance industry, you may come into our office and we will give you business cards and job postings from insurance companies that are hiring. There are many online resources to help you find insurance jobs, such as Monster, Craigslist and Seattle Times. If you have a specific company that you want to work for, we recommend visiting that company’s Web site for the most up-to-date job postings.

Does Slater All Lines Insurance School ever cancel classes?

In the rare case that we have to cancel a class due to inclement weather or a power outage, we will post notification on our Web site and answering machine. If the weather does not permit you to drive to our School safely and class is still being held, please email to reschedule your class or to sign up for self-study makeup.

What if I need to cancel a class I am registered for?

If you have registered and paid for a class and wish to cancel before the start date of your scheduled class, please send us an email or call our office. There is a $25 cancellation fee that will be subtracted from your refund amount. You will not be eligible for any refund if you cancel after the class has started.