All of Slater Insurance School’s live-lecture weekday & weekend classes start at 8am and end at approximately 5pm. Sometimes homework assignments are given to complete at home and review the next day in class.
For each insurance line, the state law requires that you study for 20 hours. Although one line of insurance consists of 16-18 classroom hours, the required study time of 20 hours will be met with some additional self study time by the student:
- Life/State Laws class OR Disability (Health)/State Laws class = 20 hours of study = 2-day Slater class
- Life, Disability (Health) & State Laws = 40 hours of study = 4-day Slater class
- Property, Casualty & State Laws = 40 hours of study = 4-day Slater class
- Personal Lines (Property, Casualty & State Laws, non-commercial) = 20 hours of study = 2-day Slater class
Please see our Class Schedule to choose the lecture class that works best with you.
REGISTER FOR CLASS:
To register for the class you want, register online or fill out the registration form and either mail or fax it to us with your payment. We do accept walk-ins on the first day, however, it would be appreciated if you would call and leave your name before class starts so we know how many students to plan for. We accept cash, personal checks, company checks, money orders, cashier’s checks, and all major credit cards for payment. There is a cancellation fee of $25 if you cancel in advance of the start date of your scheduled class. No refunds will be issued after class starts. See our Refund Policy below for more information. Please assume you are accepted into the class you register for, as no class confirmation will be sent to you. Please arrive at 7:45am on the first day of class to register, pay and/or pick up your material. If you would like the textbook mailed to you before class starts, add an additional $15 to your tuition.
DIRECTIONS TO SCHOOL:
- Heading South on I-5, take the Lynnwood exit #181 and head WESTBOUND on Hwy 524/196th Street SW (stay in the right lane). Pass the first light, 36th Ave W, and turn right into the Lynnwood Convention Plaza. We are located at the North end of the parking lot.
- Heading North on I-5, take the Alderwood Mall Pkwy exit #181B. Turn left off the exit onto Poplar Way. Turn left onto 196th Street SW. Go through the next street light, 36th Ave W, and turn right into the Lynnwood Convention Plaza. We are located at the North end of the parking lot.
- From the Eastside, head North on I-405. Take the I-5 South Exit, stay in the right lane and take the first exit, Lynnwood exit #181 and head WESTBOUND on Hwy 524/196th Street SW (stay in the right lane). As soon as you pass the first light, 36th Ave W, turn right into the Lynnwood Convention Plaza. We are located at the North end of the parking lot.
*WE ARE LOCATED ON THE 2nd FLOOR OF THE CHUCK E. CHEESE PIZZA BUILDING*
ONLINE CLASSROOM ACCESS:
Our Online Insurance Classroom gives students access to all of our color-coded reading tutorials and our interactive practice exam simulations. With every practice exam, you are shown the correct answer to each question with an explanation, to help build confidence and pin-point areas of strength and weakness within chapter topics. Within your access period, you will have unlimited access to our Online Classroom and can take any practice exam as many times as needed. Years of positive feedback have shown Slater’s practice exam simulations to be instrumental in helping pass the state exams. On the first day of your class you will be given your login information.
ADDITIONAL INFO AND POLICIES:
- For out-of-town students who need a place to stay, Best Western Alderwood is in the same parking lot as we are and can be reached at 800-205-6935. Other very close and convenient hotels are the Hampton Inn at 877-771-8555, the Residence Inn at 425-771-1100, and the Holiday Inn Express at 425-672-1234.
- Any student can audit (re-sit) his/her class within six months of the original class date, free of charge. After 6 months, the full class fee less a $50.00 discount must be paid.
- We provide coffee, tea, and cookies free of charge. There is a 50-minute lunch break and several smaller breaks throughout the day.
- You are allowed to call and register for your state exam once you start your class with us. We will give you the appropriate code numbers you need on your first day of class so you can call to register and pay for your state exam with PSI testing company. Their phone number is 800-733-9267.
- One fingerprint card is required to become licensed as a Producer in WA state. You may schedule your fingerprint service for the same time as you take your exam or for a later time with Identogo. Identogo does efingerprints and submits them electronically to the state patrol for you. Fingerprint reservations must be scheduled online through Identogo or by phone at 866.761.8069. You must pay for the service ahead of time with a credit card when you make your appointment. You pay them $52.50 for the fingerprint card and for electronically filing it with the state patrol ($20.00 plus $32.50). The service can be done at the time you take your exam or a later date.
- Refund & Cancellation Policy: There is a cancellation fee of $25 if you cancel in advance of the start date of your scheduled class. No refunds will be issued after class starts. For example, Life and Disability classes are usually paid for and taught together but are considered separate lines of insurance. If you pay and sign up for both classes and only attend one class, you are eligible for a partial refund for that one line of insurance you don’t attend. The partial refund is based on the cost of one line of insurance plus a $25 cancellation fee.